Monday, July 2, 2012

Wrap-up: Family Date Night


I really had no idea how HUGE of an impact Family Date Night would be on J-squared's kiddos. Yesterday, even after putting in a 12 hour day of 'Muffy-Style Hardcore Cleaning,' at the end of the evening, the three Little Rottens are still talking about how much fun they had on Friday night.

Before I sent her off to shower and go to bed the J-squared's youngest, Phaedra, and I were reviewing the list posted on the refrigerator and crossing off our accomplishments. Except for the hall bathroom everything else on the list and so much more was accomplished.

I stretched my arms above my head and said, "I think all of my elbow grease has been used up for the day."

She rolled her shoulders and moved both of her elbows back and forth and shook her head in agreement,  "I've got just enough left to eat some of the ice cream that's in the freezer."

She's good!

When my Dad was growing up, dessert would be a carton of ice cream and a bag of pretzels. He's carried that tradition on with our immediate family. After a hard day of family working togetherness we finish the day relaxing, laughing, and bonding over ice cream. So, when my Little Rotten asks for ice cream after the 'Muffy-Style Hardcore Cleaning,' it tickles me. She couldn't be more a part of my family if she were trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment