Thursday, February 2, 2023

A Noncommittal Diagnosis

July 13, 2019


While we wait for the pathology results I receive a thick envelope from McDonald Murmann Center for Wellness & Health. The post office’s information-based indicia is stamped December 04, 2018.

I had a yearly appointment on Monday, November 19, 2018.

I received the envelope on July 13, 2019.

 

  I open the envelope. Inside are seven pages printed from the website of Mayo Clinic about PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. There is a sticky note with handwritten directions on how to take prescribed medication and a declaration to return for labs in three months.

  

  There is nothing else in the envelope. I can only assume, this is how Dr. Donato makes diagnosis for all patients - she has McDonald Murmann send Mayo Clinic “noncommercial personal use only” photocopies without explanation, a noncommittal diagnosis, without a phone call consultation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment