Thursday, February 2, 2023

One Year

January 12, 2020


On our first date, we were sitting in my car in the parking lot of Mayuri Indian restaurant, talking for hours.

It was in those moments that #MyMississippiLove knew he wanted me to be his girlfriend. He asked. Then Jamie mentioned, “It’s kind of cheesy, but who knows, in a year from today I could be bringing you back here to celebrate us being together one year. We could get dressed in the same clothes and spend the day together.”

This morning, as I slide my jeans up over my hips and button them I asked him, “Do you even recognize I’m wearing the exact same outfit I wore on our first date?”

He is sitting on the edge of our bed, he grabs my hips to pull me into him. With his left hand on my hip he reaches his right hand down to my left ring finger. He traces his fingers over my engagement ring and wedding band, “It’s not exactly the same; you got these. And these. And, these,” he reaches up to my ears and neck to touch the matching earrings and necklace that he gave me as wedding gifts.

I had no clue he notices these small details.

I ask, “Do you think you could fall in love with me again?”

“No. I can’t. Because I’m already in love with you.”

We spend the day tracing the steps of our first date, that was a year ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment