Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Good Show

In 1964 Elvis bought FDR's 'Floating White House' the USS Potomac. Elvis, being an extremely charitable man, donated the yacht to Danny Thomas to benefit St. Jude. The yacht was so old, difficult to maintain, and in such disrepair that Danny Thomas was not interested in keeping it. The yacht was put up for auction. Ever the Hollywood mind Danny Thomas put on a good show for the people and the auct
ion. In order to save money he only had one side of the yacht painted, the side facing the cameras for the photo shoot with Elvis.

That being said, please don't stand behind me today. If you do, please don't judge me. I'm not old or difficult to maintain, well perhaps a tad high maintenance. I'm not in a state of disrepair either. I only had enough time in the shower this morning to shave the fronts of my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment