Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sex Song Sexy

"That 'Sex' song, you know the one J2 sang to me."

First off, J2 did not and does not sing her the song Sex on Fire. At their last gig the Black Bag Project covered that song. Since she was in attendance and because J2 nicknamed her The Silver Fox, which she adores, naturally in a bar filled with people he sang it directly to her. Actually, Blaine sang the song; my Mom is delusional. 

In fact The Silver Fox is down right wild. After BBP was done performing Sex on Fire she leans over and yells in my right ear, "Tell J2 that song worked me up so much that I'm not sure Real Life Superman (that's my Dad) will be able to work out all of the kinks,"

Eew! 

Inappropriate! 

Eew!
Of course I tell J2

To make matters worse the last time she and Real Life Superman came over to J2's house J2 gets out a guitar and starts playing 'that sex song.' J2 smirks because he thinks he is so clever. 

"Okay, Mom. He did not sing it to you."

The twinkle in her eye is gleaming, "Yeah, okay. That 'Sex' song, you know the one..." Apparently, she knows a somebody, a coworker celebrating her Bachelorette Party, she relays the story to me, "That drummer from The Sex Song Singers,"

His name is Nathan Followill from the band Kings of Leon.

"was on Beale Street Saturday night. He bought the entire bachelorette party of 20 girls drinks at a bar."
Real Life Superman in the elevator on August 16.

That's pretty damn cool. 

"Yeah, you should know them. They're from around here in Tennessee."

I give her a blank stare. I guess because I photograph many Memphis and Mid-South musicians that I am well acquainted with all musicians based out of Tennessee. She is so very flattering. That would be pretty damn cool!
Immediately she changes the subject, "You know what's sexy? That photo you took of Daddy this weekend...the one from the elevator. That's SEXY!" 

Okay, okay, I get it! Somebody learned a new vocabulary word from her classmates on the school bus today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment